Summer vacations are just around the corner! Thinking about taking a trip, but not sure where? Here’s a few of the top spots to visit in the summer:
1. New York City. Summer is the most popular time to visit the Big Apple. If you love arts, culture and shopping, you’ll find NYC is the best place for you. Get out and explore Central Park. When the heat starts to take its toll find your way into a cool museum or one of the hundreds of hot restaurants.
2. Amsterdam. Great place for bikers! Amsterdam has some of the best summer weather. Not too hot, not too cool. Plus tons of canals and bakeries to explore. While it attracts a lot of younger Americans (due in part to its lax laws on pot), it’s a great romantic spot for couples.
3. Mackinac Island, MI. We love Mackinac Island but anywhere in the most northern parts of Michigan is a great place to take a laid back vacation. If you’re tired of touristy beaches you’ll love Michigan. And it’s more affordable than heading south. Mackinac Island has miles of park land for biking, running or walking. And plenty of Victorian cottages that will give you a true sea-side feel.
4. Ocean City. Of all the beach towns up and down the Atlantic Coast, Ocean City is one of my favorites. It’s a little cooler there than the southern beaches, making it the perfect stop for those who love the ocean, but not the humidity. Plus the boardwalk is the perfect place to let the kids run around while you have a romantic evening.
5. Barcelona. Barcelona Spain is one of the most historic cities in the world. Early June is the best time to visit Barcelona and it’s many museums and historical sites. There’s also beach access and nighclubs for younger travelers.
6. Alaska. The best option if you want to visit Alaska in the summer is to do a cruise. Alaska will take the whole family’s breath away with large glaciers, wales and some of the freshest salmon you’ll ever eat. There’s lots of helicopter tours on the mainland, camping and hiking options for those who love the outdoors.
7. Miami Beach. One of the most beautiful locations in America, Miami experiences its off-season in the summer. That means you can save on luxury hotels and nightspots. It’s also a short drive to the Keys or Everglades, for the nature lovers.
8. Botswana. Traveling to Africa can be intimidating because of its political unrest. But if you are looking for a great safari, Botswana is the best place to be! The country has some of Africa’s best wildlife diversity and doesn’t have a lot of crowds.
9. Cape Cod, MA. Love lobster? Cape Cod is where you need to be this summer. In addition to the decadant lobster rolls, Cape Cod’s scenery will take your breath away. You’ll love wondering the streets enjoying blocks of shingled cottages in these close-knit beach communities. Provincetown at the tip of the Cape is a great art community with lots of history to explore.
10. Yellowstone. One of the United State’s grandest National Parks, Yellowstone is an ecosystem that is unmatched anywhere else in the world. It’s geysers and hot springs have delighted families for generations, and the wildlife viewing is unmatched. Lots of bears, wolves, moose and more! Be prepared, Yellowstone may be a bit colder than you expect. It has snowed there in June and July.
We hope you’re able to visit one of these locations, or a favorite of yours this summer! For more travel tips and to learn about our air ambulance services like us on Facebook today!